The popularity of the RIM BlackBerry, Palm Treo, and other mobile messaging devices increases daily. But how can organizations control the many costs associated with mobile messaging? Some expenses, such as hardware, software, and support, are fairly obvious. Others, such as a loss of employee productivity, are much less apparent and not easily measured.
This Ferris Research report looks at how organizations can better evaluate and manage the total cost of ownership (TCO) of mobile messaging.
Important Questions This Report Will Address Include:
- What are the most popular messaging devices installed in organizations?
- What is the estimated annual TCO per user?
- What are the various cost components of mobile messaging?
- How does device ownership affect TCO?
- How can training and support costs be minimized?
Table of Contents
- The Cost Components of Mobile Messaging
- Organizations Must Deal With Dual Device Ownership
- Minimizing Training and Support Costs
- Users Are Mobilizing Their Notebooks
- Executives Drive Demand for Custom Applications
Key Trends and Observations