Webinar held November 29, 2006. One and one-half hours duration.
This webinar consists of short presentations from companies with interesting, promising and innovative technology. The topics encompass:
- Assured delivery for emails and files, from Biscom
- Mobile instant messaging, from EQO
- A hacker-resistant directory, from Isode
- Spam control using traffic shaping, from MailChannels
- Information leak detection and control, from Reconnex
- A next-generation email and calendaring system, from Zimbra
Join a mix of product managers, IT planning staff, and investors to learn about messaging issues that will become mainstream over the next five years.
Ferris senior analysts David Ferris and Nick Shelness comment on each of the technologies and then moderate a general discussion.
Important Questions Addressed by This Webinar Include:
- What does each product do?
- How relevant are these capabilities to business?
- How soon are these technologies likely to be deployed?
- David Ferris, President and Senior Analyst, Ferris Research. David has written more than 200 in-depth articles on messaging and collaboration technologies, wrote the first syndicated column in the computer industry, and is the co-author of three books on messaging.
- Nick Shelness, Senior Analyst, Ferris Research. Nick has been involved with IT and communications technologies since the 1970s. He was Chief Technology Officer of Lotus, Chief Messaging Architect of Lotus, Chief Scientist of Soft-Switch, and a faculty member in the Computer Science Department of the University of Edinburgh.
- Brian Kilduff, VP Sales, Biscom. Brian has 11 years experience with Biscom and is responsible for the sales and marketing programs of Biscom’s secure document delivery product lines. These include secure file transfer, secure email, fax server solutions, and document conversion and image viewing.
- Todd Heintz, Vice President of Product Management, EQO Communications. Todd is a veteran of the IP communications industry. Before joining EQO, he was a marketing director for Sierra Wireless, where he led the Smartphone and email and search software product lines. Earlier he led the launch of Sierra’s first CDMA product. Todd was formerly a manager at Ernst & Young Cap Gemini Consulting.
- Steve Kille, CEO, Isode. Steve has been professionally involved with messaging and collaboration technologies since 1981. He focuses on directories, authentication and security, message infrastructure provisioning, and spam control, and has written more than 40 RFCs (including LDAP, MIXER, and MADMAN). In addition to founding Isode, Steve has served as Vice President of Strategy for ACI Worldwide, and COO and Chief Strategy Officer for MessagingDirect.
- Ken Simpson, CEO, MailChannels. As founder and CEO, Ken is responsible for MailChannels’ overall management and direction. He was formerly with ActiveState, an enterprise messaging software company acquired by Sophos in 2003. Ken was also a co-founder and CTO of FatPort, Canada’s largest national WiFi hotspot service.
- Jeff Brainard, Director of Marketing, Reconnex. Jeff manages the company’s outbound product marketing activities and is an industry expert on IT security and messaging and collaboration. Previously, he held senior sales and marketing management roles at Mirapoint, AirFlash/Webraska, and Sun Microsystems.
- John Robb, Vice President of Marketing and Product Management, Zimbra. John oversees the product direction and go-to-market plans for the Zimbra Collaboration Suite. Previously, he was the Director of Messaging Products at Openwave Systems, where he managed the business and product strategy for the mobile messaging group.
Who Is This Webinar Suitable For?
This event is suitable for three types of attendees: prospective investors, established vendors seeking new opportunities, and IT staff concerned with technology planning.