I just returned from my business trip to Japan. Like many travelers, I was dismayed by the maze of communication technologies necessary to be in touch with business contacts, friends, and family during my stay.
On the flight home, I dreamed about the perfect worldwide communication technology:
- No expensive long-distance phone charges
- No confusing country and access codes
- A single identity for phone, email, and IM
- Anytime access (e.g., desktop, laptop, smartphone)
- Presence detection so friends and associates can know when I am sleeping
- Anywhere access (e.g., airports, hotels, taxis, trains, etc.)
- A built-in microphone in my laptop!
Feel free to share any ideas you may have in the comments section.