The museum needs a minimum of $45,000 annually to cover its basic costs (IT infrastructure, preparation of the weekly newsletter, and finance and administration). To best record and interpret human digital communications, an annual income of $400,000 is required.
We seek sponsors to:
- Provide funding for day-to-day operations
- Provide operational and planning guidance. For example, sponsors have been the drivers between our new timeline-based interface, and our March 2012 launch
Who are Sponsors?
- Firms that offer digital communications products and services
- Businesses and IT groups with an interest in these technologies
- Academic institutions/research teams with a role in the future of digital communications
- Individual experts in digital communications
Why Become a Sponsor?
- Human digital communications are a hugely important step for mankind. We must record and interpret them now, while the early players are (mostly) still alive and memories still fresh
- Sponsorship is an opportunity to gain valuable publicity that underscores leadership in human communications technologies. Be that Microsoft Exchange, Google Apps, social media, or voice-over-IP, or related disciplines such as enterprise search, e-discovery, lawful intercept, or systems management
Sponsorship gives a variety of marketing and business intelligence benefits, including:
- Advertizing in the museum’s website and newsletter
- Links to your blogs
- Sales leads
- Quality endorsement of your marketing materials, if accepted by curators
- The ability to post your educational materials to the museum’s website, if accepted by curators
- Rights to the use of museum content
- Custom briefings for your customers or prospects
- Museum-branded white papers and videos
- Insider briefings on the current state of digital communications and their likely evolution
- Participation in the steering committee
What Does Sponsorship Cost?
Sponsorships start at as low as $50 annually for a person, and as low as $295 annually for a commercial organization:
- Silver level sponsors are generally organizations and people that wish to support the museum
- Gold level sponsors enjoy a close working relationship with the museum, and key marketing and business intelligence benefits
We also offer permanent benefactor sponsorships, for individuals or corporations that provide research endowments exceeding $2m. These are modelled on professorial chairs at leading universities.
How to Become a Sponsor
To become a sponsor, email David Ferris or call him at +1 415 367 3436.